LED vs Halogen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED vs Halogen

Hi everyone...it seems everything is going LED these days. I still have the stock headlamps and fog lights and I'm looking to upgrade. However given our northern cold winters I'm concerned the LED's won't put out enough heat to melt the snow. Has anyone fully converted to LED's and if so, how have the winters been with ice buildup on the headlamps, if any?

Originally posted by SmlTwnJeep View Post
    Hi everyone...it seems everything is going LED these days. I still have the stock headlamps and fog lights and I'm looking to upgrade. However given our northern cold winters I'm concerned the LED's won't put out enough heat to melt the snow. Has anyone fully converted to LED's and if so, how have the winters been with ice buildup on the headlamps, if any?
    That is one of the issues going LED is the snow/ice build up. You can help prevent some of it by waxing your headlights so a lot of the snow just falls off. There are a few companies that make heating elements for the LED's lights but they can be quite pricey. I have been using LED lights for years and while it can be a pain, being able to see at night is more than worth it.
    Keith - CoFounder
    2018 JLU Rubicon

Comment

I didn't consider applying wax. That's a good idea. I agree with you that being able to see at night would be nice...the factory lights are dim, to say it nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by SmlTwnJeep View Post
        I didn't consider applying wax. That's a good idea. I agree with you that being able to see at night would be nice...the factory lights are dim, to say it nicely.
        A candle puts out more light than the stock Halogen lights I know one of the guys is selling a set of the Quadratec LED replacements somewhere. If you are interested i can ask around. They are drop in and plug and play.
        Keith - CoFounder
        2018 JLU Rubicon

Comment

Working...
        X