Transmission pan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission pan

My transmission pan took a hit, (little dent) enough have some fluid leaking through the gasket. Thinking of going to napa for new pan, seal and filter. Was wondering if anyone knows if this will change the capacity of transmission fluid. Auto transmission of course.

For the most part the pan should retain the same capacity. If it turns out the pan they sell is a new revision with larger capacity ( what happened with my TJ) then just fill until the dipstick says full.
    2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
    M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

So for the new pan,filter and gasket. Thinking of drilling a hole in the old pan before removing it to empty it being careful to just puncture the pan. save on messing up the driveway. Thoughts?

Comment

Ok. Pan empty. Removing bolts (10mm heads) and at least one is rusty enough to round off. Tools for removing? Also looking for replacement bolts for entire pan and can't find them online. Looked for parts fiche and can't find one where info on bolts are listed. Anyone know exact dimensions for size, pitch and length? Are they all the same size? TIA.

Comment

Working...
          X