2020: Plug in hybrid Wrangler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020: Plug in hybrid Wrangler

So, I deliberately leased the current 2018 wrangler so that I can turn it in easily for the plug in hybrid when it comes out.

I have the plug-in hybrid Pacifica from Chrysler, and compared to my last minivan, the mileage improvement is AMAZING.

According to this article, it'll be a similar setup to the system that's in the Chrysler.
    At the LA Auto Show, Jeep said the next-gen Wrangler will eventually be offered with your choice of four powertrains, including a hybrid and a diesel.

Interesting... I'd go 4cyl turbo before I went hybrid but that's just me lol.
    1989 Jeep YJ
    9 inch lift.. or more? Not sure anymore.
    Handmade/Custom made everything
    35" Mud claw tires. 15" rims. ALL THE SIDEWALL!

Comment

Hmm. That's pretty cool. How do you like the 2018? Any aspects that you don't like so far and vice versa what you do like that they have changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Droni.
        Interesting... I'd go 4cyl turbo before I went hybrid but that's just me lol.
        I would be worried about issues with water and electronics. Crossing a small stream in a wrangler with a internal combustion motor is one thing but crossing that Same stream in the car with electric motors could be interesting. That being said it’s Hard to argue with the torque of electric motors
        CDJW.org - Founder
        2016 Rubicon
        Awesome wife...

Comment

Originally posted by janderson View Post

I would be worried about issues with water and electronics. Crossing a small stream in a wrangler with a internal combustion motor is one thing but crossing that Same stream in the car with electric motors could be interesting. That being said it’s Hard to argue with the torque of electric motors
          yeah no kidding, on rocks it would be nice.. instant power on and instant power off. no waiting for fuel to be burned off and cylinders to chill out.

but the water thing. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want a shock from them puppies. you wouldn't feel it happening if you know what I mean. before you know it - you'll be seeing gates in front of you.

Unless...as usual. Chrysler does their homework and makes it somehow submersible. then there would be reconsideration :P
          1989 Jeep YJ
          9 inch lift.. or more? Not sure anymore.
          Handmade/Custom made everything
          35" Mud claw tires. 15" rims. ALL THE SIDEWALL!

Comment

Originally posted by Droni.

yeah no kidding, on rocks it would be nice.. instant power on and instant power off. no waiting for fuel to be burned off and cylinders to chill out.

but the water thing. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want a shock from them puppies. you wouldn't feel it happening if you know what I mean. before you know it - you'll be seeing gates in front of you.

Unless...as usual. Chrysler does their homework and makes it somehow submersible. then there would be reconsideration :P
            I think Keith is fielding this as an option. Will be cool to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            CDJW.org - Founder
            2016 Rubicon
            Awesome wife...

Comment

Working...
            X