2018 Jeep Wrangler Gossip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Jeep Wrangler Gossip

Well I don't know about you guys, but the 2018 time table better fits my upgrade time frame, gives me more time to pay down my money pit, I mean Wrangler!
    Some of the hottest rumors have been getting traction over the last few weeks. Aluminum frames, 8 speed transmissions, etc.

In a wide-ranging job interview with reporters during a Chrysler item occasion at the verifying bases below, Manley said the business is attempting to boost Grand Cherokee manufacturing, expects Land Rover to establish a new version targeted at Wrangler and stated the Jeep Cherokee is a candidate for a diesel motor
    Yet a lot more is always better specs, right? Well things seem goinged this way. Jeep manager Mike Manley claimed in a current press conference that the next generation of Jeep Wrangler specs would focus heavily on weight reduction and gas cost savings without compromising its famous off-road efficiency.

“We must be impressive in terms of exactly what we do for the next Wrangler due to the fact that clearly we have to make certain that motor vehicle endures into the future,” Manley claimed. Looming on the horizon is a future Wrangler rival from Land Rover, Manley stated.
    Take heart, Jeep followers. Okay, so exactly how is Jeep to increase the Wrangler’s gas efficiency while not killing its off-road expertise?
    http://newreleasedate2015.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-redesigne/

It may be extremely capable off-road but, having last been redesigned in 2006, the Jeep Wrangler is getting on a bit, which you can tell by a quick look at its specs. For example, in spite of being fitted only with the 3.6-liter Pentastar V8 V6, its 21 mpg highway and 17 mpg city official consumption figures are worse than some of Chrysler’s V8 models.

One of the reasons is that the Wrangler is solely available with a 5-speed auto gearbox. According to an FCA filling, Jeep plans like to rectify this by equipping its iconic 4x4 with the 8-speed ZF auto transmission that’s used by main of the group’s models. Chrysler would like to ditch the old 5-speeder as soon as possible but the current frame makes fitting the new transmission impossible. Thus, it will have to wait until the next redesign that’s scheduled in four years’ time.

The 2018 makeover is, according to Left Lane, expected to be a major one, too. Apart from the transmission, which is a cert, there are many other options currently reviewed by Chrysler’s board. For one, there’s a lot of talk about the 2018 Wrangler getting an aluminum body. This would significantly reduce weight and further improve fuel economy. The second option, and this one is going to raise a lot of eyebrows, is ditching the solid axles for an independent suspension layout.
    http://www.carscoops.com/2014/12/201...peed-auto.html

What are you most excited about? Check out the poll attached to this thread.
    8 Speed Auto
    0.00%
    Aluminum Frame
    33.33%
    Independant Suspension
    0.00%
    Diesel Motor
    66.67%
    CDJW.org - Founder
    2016 Rubicon
    Awesome wife...

While I am craving the diesel action, I would settle for a better auto tranny and a lighter, stronger, less rust prone frame.
    CDJW.org - Founder
    2016 Rubicon
    Awesome wife...

Comment

Independent suspension..? Please... Keep the solid axles. Alloy frame - Yes please....Diesel... sure why not - maintenance would be more expensive but whatever, turbo/torque, right? 8 speed auto...only if you can still select favored gears for off-roading then hell yeah bring on that low end and highway gears! didn't read any of the links - I will when my eyes start to bleed from boredom at work. so like in 10 minutes.
      2001 TJ.
      Bedlined black
      Lifted 4.5". 35" mud claws.
      Locked. Let's wheel!

Comment

Yea i have nightmares about independent suspension
        CDJW.org - Founder
        2016 Rubicon
        Awesome wife...

Comment

Working...
        X