Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeep Wrangler that runs on Hydrogen Fuel cell!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Wrangler that runs on Hydrogen Fuel cell!?

AND a flux capacitor right!? Well – we have all been hearing the rattling about a Diesel (Don’t get me started, cant wait..), 8 speed tranny, aluminum frame, raked look, etc. Here is a little more to add to the rumor mill!

2017 Jeep Wrangler: FCEV Powertrain On The Cards?
    Source : Autoomobile.com

It was only a couple of months ago when Jeep teased that the future Wrangler is going to be economical. The decision was made in light of the new emission regulations being billed by the government and Jeep is pressured to comply with it. The rumors claim that Jeep is going to take their first step in green emissions by blessing the next-gen Wrangler with diesel motors. Then, new reports surfaced claiming that the Wrangler is going to have a hybrid powertrain. Well, both are unlikely to happen at all. This is because Jeep is never a fan of EV technologies. On top of that, Jeep’s parent company FCA is eyeing on developing the firm’s first ever hydrogen fuel-cell technology. Hence, this strongly suggests that the Wrangler might be picking up on hydrogen fuel cell. The technology is tipped to be much better than pure EV and it will certainly make the Wrangler fuel efficient. Then again, can Jeep pull it off?
    CDJW.org - Founder
    2016 Rubicon
    Awesome wife...

Honestly - I don't really even care about MPG.. I just want Diesel awesomeness under the hood.. Heck.. make it weigh more.. (Wife just punched me in the face lol)
    CDJW.org - Founder
    2016 Rubicon
    Awesome wife...

Comment

I mean... I'm all about saving the environment and such... but.................... Jeep... why worry about MPG? if you worry about that go get a hybrid car for daily use
      2013 Dune JKSU
      3.5" Lift
      Barricade Off-road w/ LED front bumper
      Smittybilt XRC w/ tire carrier rear bumper
      Smittybilt X20 10k/lb Synthetic Rope winch
      35x12.5x16 Kumho KL71 M/T's

Comment

Well if you think about it - if you fill up 2 times a week and you could save $5.00 a week with even SLIGHTLY better gas mileage that would be like $260.00 a year. Lots of good Jeep parts in that range!!! Its not about saving it, its about spending it in better areas lolololol
        CDJW.org - Founder
        2016 Rubicon
        Awesome wife...

Comment

Too much math in that way. Skip dinner and lunch for a week, boom $200
          2013 Dune JKSU
          3.5" Lift
          Barricade Off-road w/ LED front bumper
          Smittybilt XRC w/ tire carrier rear bumper
          Smittybilt X20 10k/lb Synthetic Rope winch
          35x12.5x16 Kumho KL71 M/T's

Comment

hahaha your awesome!
            CDJW.org - Founder
            2016 Rubicon
            Awesome wife...

Comment

From 1984-1988 I had a Chevy Chevette (don't laugh) it was a1981 model year and I only paid $350 for it. it had a Isuzu diesel with a 5 speed trans. It got 45 MPG and with the 5 speed went like a sports car. With all of today's technology your telling me they can't match that performance now.
              Last edited by willys2a; 01-15-2016, 02:33 PM.
              CDJW.org Board Member.
              Safety Officer.
              Original.

Comment

Working...
              X