Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Individual Vehicle Requirements and Meet up Requirements (per trip)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individual Vehicle Requirements and Meet up Requirements (per trip)

This Topic has been a source of debate for a few weeks now, but Keith, Dave, and I agree that these are bare necessities and generally increase the safety of the overall group.

Please feel free to post your opinions, ideas for additions, etc.

Individual Vehicle Requirements:
    Each member will be required to carry these components
    Winch/Tow points on front and back of vehicle. These should be established and verified prior to each trip
    2. CB - Non negotiable
    3. Tow Strap - NO HOOKS
    4. Usable spare tire (Road safe)
    5. Equipment needed to change tire (tire locks, ratchet, etc)

Meet up Requirements (per trip) : The Meet Up organizer is responsible for having these additional items and knowing where they are. The items may be spread out among the attending vehicles but the organizer must have direct access to item 1 all the time, and quick access to items 2 through 5.
    1. Handheld CB - This is to help vehicles navigate obstacles and remain in contact with the group even when outside the vehicle.
    2. At least One fire extinguisher - This should be a class A,B,C fire extinguisher
    3. One first aid kit
    4. At least 1 cell phone
    5. At least 1 flash light
    CDJW.org - Founder
    2016 Rubicon
    Awesome wife...

I think those are all great and necessary. .. I will be at every outing and if I am not able I will loan my med kit. And make sure the user knows how to use every thing in it.. so the medkit is coverd. And I also keep flashlights in my jeep......

Comment

I also plan at being at all of the four wheeling meet ups. Besides my winch, I also carry a small first aid kit, flash light, fire extinguisher, hi-lift jack, 2 tow straps, 3 clevises, 4-way lug wrench, tire plug kit and a small assortment of tools. I also carry a tow hook that mounts into my hitch, that could be shared with anyone with a 2" receiver hitch.
      CDJW.org Board Member.
      Safety Officer.
      Original.

Comment

To stay on top of the requirements I went to "Tractor Supply" in Clifton Park today and picked up a recovery strap. 20' length,18,000lb snatch line with loop ends for $30. I don't know how that compares to deals online, but just to mention it as an option for anyone who might be looking for someplace to buy one. Also, the "recovery" straps are the back of the store, not in the isle with the tow hooks and trailer hitches (which only had "tow" straps), I almost thought they were out of stock until I found them in the way back next to some ratchet and tarp straps.

It's a good thing to own anyway. I mean, if I went out offroading with a friend and neither of us had a strap, those tow hooks wouldn't be doing us much good.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Mead
          To stay on top of the requirements I went to "Tractor Supply" in Clifton Park today and picked up a recovery strap. 20' length,18,000lb snatch line with loop ends for $30. I don't know how that compares to deals online, but just to mention it as an option for anyone who might be looking for someplace to buy one. Also, the "recovery" straps are the back of the store, not in the isle with the tow hooks and trailer hitches (which only had "tow" straps), I almost thought they were out of stock until I found them in the way back next to some ratchet and tarp straps.

It's a good thing to own anyway. I mean, if I went out offroading with a friend and neither of us had a strap, those tow hooks wouldn't be doing us much good.
          This is very good info Mike. I may be heading up there myself to take advantage of that.
          Keith - CoFounder
          2018 JLU Rubicon

Comment

Mike - way to stay ontop of things. Glad to see how involved you are.
            CDJW.org - Founder
            2016 Rubicon
            Awesome wife...

Comment

I need a babysitter before I can make any outings. Can we add that to the requirement list? Nobody wants to watch 1 year old twins. Haha.

Comment

lol we will have to start a babysitter fund for you.
                CDJW.org - Founder
                2016 Rubicon
                Awesome wife...

Comment

Now THAT'S what I like to hear. I've only been out once in the last year. I'm waiting for that "better" part that everyone says will come. Haha!!

Comment

I'll also have a small fire extinguisher on hand now.

Picked up a "Kidde Auto Fire Extinguisher" at Walmart for $14. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kidde-Auto...isher/17181997

It's class B/C (flammable liquids/electrical equipment).

It's a small extinguisher and I found it mounts nicely by the shifters. Very easy to reach in that location. The mount it comes with holds decent, but I think I'll buy a metal bracket, because with that mounting location I don't want to chance it popping off and rolling around on the floor if it gets bumped hard enough.

Comment

very nice - I need to equip the jeep with one of these.
                      CDJW.org - Founder
                      2016 Rubicon
                      Awesome wife...

Comment

Bummer. I don't own a CB...
                        Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CarusoJeep29 View Post
                          Bummer. I don't own a CB...
                          There are a good amount of inexpensive fixed or even handheld CB radios out there. Try checking out this link and see if you can find something that fits your budget..

http://www.rightchannelradios.com/ch...-best-cb-radio
                          Keith - CoFounder
                          2018 JLU Rubicon

Comment

Don't miss a meet up because you have no CB, the club has 2-3 hand held CB's you could borrow for the day, just let us know in advance if you need to use one.
                            CDJW.org Board Member.
                            Safety Officer.
                            Original.

Comment

I have an icom marine radio, are those off the same frequencies?
                              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X