Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Jeep Help

Hi everyone,

I have a 2001 Yellow Wrangler that I've had since 2001. It comes from Phoenix, Arizona, stopped for a few years in Maryland, and now lives here in Troy. Sadly, the frame has gotten pretty rusty and the bolts holding the skid plate have fallen through on the passenger side. Talking to body shops suggests that it is going to be too expensive for me to get fixed and I don't have the knowledge or ability to fix it myself. As it stands, it seems I'm going to have to sell it to a junkyard to be scrapped for parts which makes me so sad.

I just found this group (and I wish I had known it earlier to enjoy it!) but I was hoping somebody might know of either somebody looking for a beautiful Jeep in great condition to fix up, or a better place to ask around for somebody like that?

The Jeep really is in great condition, only has 109k miles and I will cry (again) to see it scrapped for parts in a junkyard.

If this isn't the right forum, I apologize, and please let me know where to go!

Thanks a bunch!

Ill ask around to see if anyone i know wants it, you should try and post some photos and some kind of an idea of what you'd be asking for it.
    2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
    M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

Go to Quadratec you can get practically all new frame sections for that for a decent price

Comment

Don't scrap it dude.... you'll get MAYBE $150-200 for it... that's garbage.... store it... try to sell it.... Metal price went down AGAIN recently... now isn't the time to do that........... It's a JEEP!! restore that bad boy... even if it takes a year or two. it's 15 years old

Like stated above, post photos, asking price, yadda yadda. whats done to it? there's a market for that man... don't bring it to a scrap yard and screw yourself. trust me....
        2001 TJ.
        Bedlined black
        Lifted 4.5". 35" mud claws.
        Locked. Let's wheel!

Comment

Part it out, if everything's good but the frame, you could get top dollar fo it.
          CDJW.org Board Member.
          Safety Officer.
          Original.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the help! I can't get pictures to upload but I found someone to take good care of it and fix it up Sad to see it go, but happy to see it stay in Jeep family hands.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X