What mod next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mod next?

Hey guys, so I successfully installed my Smittybilt XRC bumper and quadratec q9000 winch. Looking for recommendations as to what my next mod should be. Skid plates, snorkel, etc. I cant decide and don't have the expertise to know what I need next. Thanks!

I'm personally always behind skid plates just to keep things off the soft metal components under the tub.
    2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
    M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

So I looked online, and it would cost thousands to cover the entire undercarriage. What components should I prioritize?

Comment

Originally posted by kpkrenz View Post
        So I looked online, and it would cost thousands to cover the entire undercarriage. What components should I prioritize?
        oil pan, trans pan, the things that make sure you can get home id say.
        These are just my opinions though, and coming from a guy who has differential armor lol.
        2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
        M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

Thanks for the tips man

Comment

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12157_0004_07.htm

Not thousands and includes everything you need. I know of at least few members running this setup and I haven't heard any complaints.
            2015 JKU HR Tank - RK 2.5 X-Factor, Bilsteins, AEV Saltas, 35X12.5R17 KM2's, Qtec 11,500IS winch, Teraflex Hinge & Tire Carrier, DV8 flat fenders, PS Diff Covers, HD Cross Member, Smitty skids.....Her name is Bailey

Comment

All depends on what you want to do with it. Skid plates are a good place to continue. I've heard there is a good one on amazon which covers a good portion of the engine and trans for around $150. I'd get something like that, then another for gas tank and another for evap canister. Do you plan to lift it? Big tires? If so, upgrading steering components is money well spent too. Also, don't neglect investing in a decent set of tools to carry, and recovery gear is good too. You've got a great winch but do you have tree savers, snatch blocks, leather gloves, weight bag for the winch line... Just Empty Every Pocket.

Comment

So I also bought the recovery kit from quadratec with all the winching accessories. So I'm pretty sure my jeep came stock with skid plates on transfer case and fuel tank. Are the stock skid plates capable of protecting my jeep or should they be upgraded

Comment

Originally posted by kpkrenz
                  So I also bought the recovery kit from quadratec with all the winching accessories. So I'm pretty sure my jeep came stock with skid plates on transfer case and fuel tank. Are the stock skid plates capable of protecting my jeep or should they be upgraded
                  The stock ones are kinda, minimal... lots of openings for things to get in. More robust ones offer more protection. The stock ones also do nothing for your oil pan, diffs, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  CDJW.org - Founder
                  2016 Rubicon
                  Awesome wife...

Comment

Understood, looks like my quadratec wish list is going to get longer then!

Comment

Working...
                    X