Finally time to Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally time to Upgrade

So I've owned my 2016 JKUR w/6spd stick, for a couple years now. Last year we purchased a "heavier" pop-up camper for the family and fun. Coming home from the Adirondacks last year, pulling the camper in 3rd gear on some inclines to maintain speed, with a line of 15 cars behind me made me realize the time to upgrade will need to be soon. So as the season approaches the time is now.....the following items are either in my cart, on order, on back order, or in my garage waiting to be installed.
    • Teraflex 3" Alpine CT3 Suspension Lift w/Falcon 3.3 Shocks
    • 35x12.5 Goodyear Duratracs
    • 17x9 Black Rhino Pinatubo Wheels
    • Adams Front and Rear 1310 Extreme Duty Driveshafts
    • 4.88 Regear
    • HikeIT Throttle/Pedal controller
    • Superchips Flashcal F5 Programmer
    • Teraflex Adjustable Spare Tire and Hinged Carrier Kit

Hoping everything will be ready by Memorial Day. That may be a little ambitious considering it is also my daily driver...but I'm hoping. Next will be a front bumper upgrade but that will probably need to wait to the end of this year or next spring, considering the above was a heavy lift on the wallet.

Will upload some pics as the build progresses, but if anyone is interested in any of the factory parts coming off the Rubicon send me a message.

Originally posted by SmlTwnJeep View Post
    So I've owned my 2016 JKUR w/6spd stick, for a couple years now. Last year we purchased a "heavier" pop-up camper for the family and fun. Coming home from the Adirondacks last year, pulling the camper in 3rd gear on some inclines to maintain speed, with a line of 15 cars behind me made me realize the time to upgrade will need to be soon. So as the season approaches the time is now.....the following items are either in my cart, on order, on back order, or in my garage waiting to be installed.
    • Teraflex 3" Alpine CT3 Suspension Lift w/Falcon 3.3 Shocks
    • 35x12.5 Goodyear Duratracs
    • 17x9 Black Rhino Pinatubo Wheels
    • Adams Front and Rear 1310 Extreme Duty Driveshafts
    • 4.88 Regear
    • HikeIT Throttle/Pedal controller
    • Superchips Flashcal F5 Programmer
    • Teraflex Adjustable Spare Tire and Hinged Carrier Kit

Hoping everything will be ready by Memorial Day. That may be a little ambitious considering it is also my daily driver...but I'm hoping. Next will be a front bumper upgrade but that will probably need to wait to the end of this year or next spring, considering the above was a heavy lift on the wallet.

Will upload some pics as the build progresses, but if anyone is interested in any of the factory parts coming off the Rubicon send me a message.
    I love build threads. Those Black Rhino rims are super nice. They were on my rim short list but i ended up going a different route as i didnt like how the outer parts of the rim were so close to the edge which is one more thing for rocks and stuff to beat up.

As a side note, I may know someone who might be interested in the stock suspension. Its a cheap lift for a 2 door JK to reuse a 4 door suspension.
    Keith - CoFounder
    2018 JLU Rubicon

Comment

Well...it wouldn't be a build if things didn't change on the fly....

Those Black Rhino rims were on backorder and I just received an email stating the wait would be well into June. Apparently BR had a powder coat issue on the latest batch and...well...I decided to go another direction. I have everything ready to go and just waiting on the rims. So to update the build list I just ordered a set of 17x9 Fuel Vapor Wheels and cancelled the Black Rhino order.

KWeb I'll save the stock Rubicon suspension and set aside...right now I'm tracking to get everything installed in 10 days.

Comment

Working...
      X