TJ's TJ Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Droni. View Post
    Lol TJ this build thread is awesome... I'm jealous :P if I did a build thread it would be "yeah put tires and lift on - End thread" I love reading your posts on here..

I just love customizing :-) have so many projects still to do and writeups to be... written lol
    I have an entire room at my shop that is just jeep parts and stuff lol
    2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
    M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

• Brakes started squealing badly last week, so I decided to change them. Looks like I got the full life of these lol
      2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

My Build Thread

Comment

• Now I know why you were out in the cold changing your brakes yesterday. Good to see you got it done.
        2015 JKU HR Tank - RK 2.5 X-Factor, Bilsteins, AEV Saltas, 35X12.5R17 KM2's, Qtec 11,500IS winch, Teraflex Hinge & Tire Carrier, DV8 flat fenders, PS Diff Covers, HD Cross Member, Smitty skids.....Her name is Bailey

Comment

• Originally posted by cbunting View Post
          Now I know why you were out in the cold changing your brakes yesterday. Good to see you got it done.

All 4 of them were only a few days from being shot. I appreciate you stopping and checking out what was up. Its important in our community to always look out for each other :-)

My Build Thread

Comment

• So ive been flying low lately and not posting up a lot of stuff that I have been doing. Ill have some new mods and photos up soon though, i promise :-D

Im currently rearranging the back room of my business to accommodate a full tool setup and dedicated area for jeep work. Once thats done ill have a lot more time to actually work lol

My Build Thread

Comment

• Well ill be taking a lot of time to clean up all the work ive done in the past - Looming all loose wires, using tie boxes to secure all wires down... etc....
              Have to re-run my CB cable now that the antenna has been moved to its final point.
              Will also be exploring a bit on Line-X on a few parts to clean up my look.

Lots of fun things to come soon, the weather is changing and ill be able to work more!

My Build Thread

Comment

• wow its been 2 months since i updated!!!

What have i done.. what have i done... Well....

replaced driver side wheel hub
                got the doors off finally - ended up having to replace lower hinges
                did some heat wrapping under the hood - fuel lines / injectors
                fixed the leak on the transmission
                fixed the front frame
                installed rear frame tie in brackets
                moved the CB antenna attach point to the tire carrier
                custom made myself a set of LED tail lights to fit inside my blacked out boxes
                got some synthetic winch line
                Dynamat the interior

and a few other things hahah
                Photos will come soon when I have time :-D

My Build Thread

Comment

• Just got some new stuff in!
                  New axle Ujoints - the upgraded Dana/Spicer ones
                  New Ball joints - also Dana/Spicer
                  Baldwin coolant filter base and filter - far to lengthy to explain why
                  And a ball joint tool kit!

I've been getting a loud popping in my steering when turning left so it's time to get this stuff changed!!

This weekend is as follows:
                  Axle Ujoints
                  Ball joints
                  Passenger side wheel hub
                  Outer axle seals - got the aluminum 10 ones
                  Front diff fluid
                  Front drive shaft
                  Coolant filtration system.

My Build Thread

Comment

• Well I managed to fail on getting any of the repairs done. Couldn't get the ball joints to move even with my press, Couldn't get the u-joints to move either. Also failed to find the required fittings to make the coolant filter system work. Frustrating day wasted but cant have every day be perfect!

My Build Thread

Comment

• Well hadn't done much for a while then went off-roading and broke some stuff!!! time for repairs!

Heard a nice clicking rotational noise and found out my transfer case was empty, so i dropped that out and took it apart and it was DESTROYED inside. So i went ahead and got the company who remanufactured it to replace it free of charge. Then noticed that my passenger side axle u-joint was completely destroyed and just flopping around in the caps. So replaced that and upgraded to the Rubicon version. After getting that all together I drove the Jeep 5 feet and it bound up. Decided to drain the rear dana 44 axle and found chunks of gears bigger than quarters!!! So now those gears are coming out, the factory Trac-Lok is coming out and a ARB air locker is going in!! Also replaced the front drive shaft which had bad CV joint. So much still to do before next wheeling season. Still have to pull the driver front axle shaft and replace that u-joint as it has play already. photos to come soon!!

My Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by mamefreak View Post
                        Well hadn't done much for a while then went off-roading and broke some stuff!!! time for repairs!

Heard a nice clicking rotational noise and found out my transfer case was empty, so i dropped that out and took it apart and it was DESTROYED inside. So i went ahead and got the company who remanufactured it to replace it free of charge. Then noticed that my passenger side axle u-joint was completely destroyed and just flopping around in the caps. So replaced that and upgraded to the Rubicon version. After getting that all together I drove the Jeep 5 feet and it bound up. Decided to drain the rear dana 44 axle and found chunks of gears bigger than quarters!!! So now those gears are coming out, the factory Trac-Lok is coming out and a ARB air locker is going in!! Also replaced the front drive shaft which had bad CV joint. So much still to do before next wheeling season. Still have to pull the driver front axle shaft and replace that u-joint as it has play already. photos to come soon!!

Yikes! what a chain of events! but on the bright side - it all happened on the roads in off-season! not on the trails hindering your SOL!
                        You're always so busy on this thing - wish I lived closer to give you a hand... if you ever have a project on nights or weekends let me know I'll bring some redbulls (or beers) and give you some assistance..

Nice to see a post on the forums again, we need to revive this place. :P
                        1989 Jeep YJ
                        9 inch lift.. or more? Not sure anymore.
                        Handmade/Custom made everything
                        35" Mud claw tires. 15" rims. ALL THE SIDEWALL!

Comment

• well sort of, the loud bang i heard actually happened right after finishing the red trails at Tin Teepee. I came out to the main dirt road, dropped out of 4 low and BAM that was it. Had to drive all the way home on dry payment in 4 hi. Went home and took the rear drive shaft out and it was a lot better ( obviously I know now it was the rear gears not having direct power applied that made the noise stop ) did that for a few weeks then a rotational noise started. While trying to figure out if it was my transfer case i turned the front drive shaft and pondered why it had so much play, and looked at the u joints and saw that all the needle bearings were missing out of one of the caps and it was flopping around. And then it just went on from there hahah. Still got a few more things to do though haha, and a new oil pan as soon as it gets warm!

My Build Thread

Comment

• ohhh yikes. thats never a good feeling, but no tow-truck!

Oil pan huh? if you don't want to do that on your back I have access to a lift at work.
                            1989 Jeep YJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Droni. View Post
                              ohhh yikes. thats never a good feeling, but no tow-truck!

Oil pan huh? if you don't want to do that on your back I have access to a lift at work.

ya a lift would be amazing!! i gotta do the rear main seal while im in there and add some armor to it!

My Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by mamefreak View Post

ya a lift would be amazing!! i gotta do the rear main seal while im in there and add some armor to it!

Rear main seal? yikes! that's a large job, yeah? need to remove your transmission to get to that bad boy. if you know you can do it in one day on the lift I'd be glad to help.
                                1989 Jeep YJ

Comment

Working...
                                X