No announcement yet.

First project for spring - LED cube lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the exact spot! You can use a steel coat hanger to break thru the foam. There is no need to drill through it. If you look on the opposite side of the hood you will see where it comes out. Its literally just some foam preventing you access.
    Keith - CoFounder
    2018 JLU Rubicon

Comment

Awesome. Looks like this weekend and into next week is going to be warmer so I'll check it out and hopefully get it all wired up. I'll keep yall posted. Thanks for the help!
      2012 Wrangler Rubicon 6 speed

Comment

I'm happy to say that we got all the lights wired up and working. It was quite the little project there and required some brainstorming along the way but we figured it out. Thanks for the help guys. Here's a picture of the finished product. Looks and works great. Can't wait to try them out at night in the woods.

Comment

nice looks great!! and you gained the knowledge of how relay systems work! wont take any time next time you need to set up another system :-)
          2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
          M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

Very nice. haven't seen a set up like this one yet! Great work!
            2001 TJ.
            Bedlined black
            Lifted 4.5". 35" mud claws.
            Locked. Let's wheel!

Comment

Originally posted by Droni. View Post
              Very nice. haven't seen a set up like this one yet! Great work!
              Thanks! I haven't seen another one in person either. I liked it because I've always liked cab lights on a truck and to me this was the closest I could get with a Rubicon and a soft top haha

Comment

Originally posted by mamefreak View Post
                nice looks great!! and you gained the knowledge of how relay systems work! wont take any time next time you need to set up another system :-)
                Thanks very much! I even went and cot my CB hard wired up now too haha. I knew there had to be a way and I'm glad I was able to finally figure it out. I'd rather do it myself and learn how to do it so when the time comes again I have some background. Plus why bother paying another $600 for someone else to do it when these parts are expensive enough as it is?

Comment

Wow, I'm really liking this too. Methinks I shall copy.

Any chance of a front shot of the jeep. I'm curious to see how it looks.
                  Keith - CoFounder
                  2018 JLU Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by KWeb View Post
                    Wow, I'm really liking this too. Methinks I shall copy.

Any chance of a front shot of the jeep. I'm curious to see how it looks.
                    Thanks a lot. I personally hate light bars, I think they're beat to death, so I wanted something besides that that still provided something for when you're in the woods and kinda looked like truck cab lights. I took this shot the other day. Good enough of a view? If not I can post another tomorrow sometime.

Comment

Working...
                    X