This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep and Trailer

As most of you know, I sold the Saraha for lots of personal reasons. but that is not the end of my Jeeping. I am going to try to sell my Motorcycle this coming spring, and buy a older Jeep/trailer and get back on the trails.

So the point of this post is - if anyone has any leads on a clean FRAME/engine Jeep that someone doesn't want a million bucks for, I'd be interested. I don't care on what year/model. (aside from 2007+ because those are still above my budget by far) only need a 6 cylinder engine (or a very strong 4 cylinder) and a transmission that works. Preferably automatic but standard works too. Body damage or rust I don't care about as long as the roll cage is not compromised... it'll be strictly a trail rig.

I will not buy it until my bike is sold, but if the person will hold the Jeep until I get the bike sold - then done deal. unless the Jeep is dirt cheap, then yeah I'll take it.

I'll need a trailer to pull it with, also.

I am very open to trades, also... my bike is a certain style person type of bike, If they have the time they could turn this bike for a profit.

2007 BMW F800ST. SUPER CLEAN. low mileage... 14,000. Blue,
    Has a spare seat for those with short legs, has wind/debris guards for the handle grips. has a big wind screen for fall/cooler weather riding. and a small one for sporty/summer riding. washed and waxed religiously. comes with 2 brand new tires not even installed yet, the ones on it are about half worn, and a brand new oil filter (not installed, in package-extra) Has a full set of luggage carriers, one on each side and top back behind seat, locking lids with lights. has a pulsating brake light kit installed so the brake light pulsates..better visibility of other drivers to see you.

Belt is new. recently serviced at MAXX BMW dealer in Albany.

with a baby coming in March - she asked me to sell the bike and buy a Jeep/trailer with what I sell it for, how could I say no? she's a keeper for sure

Anyway - let me know! I miss hitting the trails... I'm really pushing to have a rig set up for Rausch Creek next year..

Please ask any questions you have at all.

Thanks everyone -
    Droni
    1989 Jeep YJ
    9 inch lift.. or more? Not sure anymore.
    Handmade/Custom made everything
    35" Mud claw tires. 15" rims. ALL THE SIDEWALL!

Glad to hear you're getting back into jeeps. Will keep my eyes and ears open. Congrats to you and Kylie.
    CDJW.org Board Member.
    Safety Officer.
    Original.

Comment

Originally posted by willys2a View Post
      Glad to hear you're getting back into jeeps. Will keep my eyes and ears open. Congrats to you and Kylie.
      Thank you very much, Dave! means a lot..!

I knew I wouldn't stay from it long.. it's a lifestyle!

And thanks for keeping an eye out!
      1989 Jeep YJ

Comment

I'll echo Dave's sentiment. I was a bit heartbroken when I heard you jumped ship but I know how things go, especially when kids are brought into the picture!

Also, yes, if you allow it to infect your soul, Jeeps are truly a way of life, not just a "car"! I'm usually a bit surprised when a Jeep owner doesn't catch the bug.

I'll keep an eye out for something. I spend a LOT of time on the road and see them pretty regularly. I'll have to start taking more notice. I wonder what happened to the YJ that was for sale on 29 over near the Kayderosseraserosserosseross...? Bright orange. Lifted. Looked okay while driving by but I never stopped to look. $3500. Any idea what the budget for Jeep/Trailer will be? PM if you don't want to post publically. Or just text me. I've seen one or two others recently but I can't remember details. Is a CJ okay or is that too old?

FYI: Current talks are placing Rausch plans in the spring, not summer... Accelerate your schedule accordingly.
        Last edited by ItsTosh; 11-06-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Thank you, Tosh!

Yeah there's no way I could stay away for good.. I was heartbroken to let the dune beast go but in long term it's for the better. but not permanent!

The orange YJ on 29.... not ringing a bell is it gone now?

My budget basically is whatever I can sell the motorcycle for. I put maybe 1200 miles on it since I bought it. (not much I know. I never rode the thing) It's worth 4500 but that's not to say I'll get that for it.. I paid well over that for it but I knew what I wanted.

So safely my budget for them combined would be $4,000- $4,500... not much I know - trailers are not cheap. but that's why I want one that is TRAIL only, cosmetics I could care less about - the doors won't be on it ever - only to transport it.

as far as year goes - no cares. as long as it'll take the beating on the trails. it's not a game of horsepower but it needs to be able to climb rocks/mud pits.

is Rausch Creek is in the spring I -MAY- not be able to attend. selling a motorcycle in the winter months is near impossible. but I'll post it this week to see if I get any bites before snowfall.

I just can't go in over my head on it. it'll be a leisure hobby until I can afford something bigger and better.

EDIT : The reason for the TRAIL rig is to avoid another monthly insurance bill. will not be driven on the streets.
          1989 Jeep YJ

Comment

this post can be deleted, TJ I believe does this?
            1989 Jeep YJ

Comment

Yep I
              2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
              M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

Working...
              X