Antenna question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna question

I recently installed a rear bumper mounted 4' fire stick antenna...it keeps bouncing off the back and I was wondering if the performance would be affected if I zip tied it to my tail light brush guard?

Most likely no, it won't cause an issue. But if you provide us a photo of the install location just to see. I have the same antenna and mine barely moves so I'm curious to see what you have set up.
    Keith - CoFounder
    2018 JLU Rubicon

Comment

I went through the thin plate that covers the hole for the swing tire rack as I have a hd hinged carrier that is attached to the rear door, it's enough wiggle that it hits and is just annoying more than anything. Try to attach a photo but my phone sends little tiny pics for some reason

Comment

If you go to imgur.com and post it there and copy the URL you can paste it here. We are working on getting more space for larger photos.
        2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
        M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

Excellent mamefreak, thanks for the tip, in this pic it's already zipped to the guard

Comment

Wow, just rechecked the pic and realized it includes some "artwork" from my gf's oldest son...though I do concure, I get the same reaction when I see a nice jeep 😜
            Last edited by Tman74; 06-23-2016, 12:37 AM.

Comment

As long as we are here, here's the radio I had in storage waiting for "the right times do application" and my mounting choice. I know it's in a hot spot and visible but with its size I was very limited on the places I could put it, plus I'm an old school truck driver so that's where I'm used to having my radio. Had to remove the dash mount tray but I really don't use it so with a little extra trim work I think I'll love it minus the sun glare off the chrome case

Comment

That's a great spot for it! I installed mine behind my dashboard but I have a TJ so it's a different setup
                2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
                M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                X