LED headlight adjustment...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED headlight adjustment...

I purchased the JW Speaker Evolution J headlights and installed....tonight I adjusted the alignment based on a lot of feedback within the forums (good stuff).

I noticed the beam pattern has 2 small outliers that appear higher and to the right, curious if anyone else has the same. Here are some pics I took....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a typical hot spotting of the JW lights. You probably wont notice it as much as normal driving as you would that close to an object.
    Keith - CoFounder
    2018 JLU Rubicon

Comment

I just installed the same lights about a month or so ago and mine do the same exact thing. I was a little concerned at first as well but found out that that is actually normal. And I only notice it when I'm parked facing a wall or fence. When driving I don't notice it at all. I'll upload a pic when I get home.

Edit: Woah also didn't realize this was from Aug 2016
      Attached Files
      2016 JKR Granite Crystal
      3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
      37/12.5/17 Ironman All Country MT

Comment

Originally posted by 3rgould View Post
        I just installed the same lights about a month or so ago and mine do the same exact thing. I was a little concerned at first as well but found out that that is actually normal. And I only notice it when I'm parked facing a wall or fence. When driving I don't notice it at all. I'll upload a pic when I get home.

Edit: Woah also didn't realize this was from Aug 2016
        hahaha I was going to respond to this then saw your edit.. *Cough*
        2001 TJ.
        Bedlined black
        Lifted 4.5". 35" mud claws.
        Locked. Let's wheel!

Comment

Its interesting how this works - it looks like a random artifact up close but its probably to light up a dark spot at 200 yards. So much engineering goes into these lights its insane. No aspects are an accident or byproduct.
          CDJW.org - Founder
          2016 Rubicon
          Awesome wife...

Comment

Working...
          X