PSA: Transmission pans...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Transmission pans...

So not that long ago I crawled under my Jeep and noticed that there was some leakage from my transmission pan. My Jeep is a 2011. It had rusted to such a point where it was almost rusted through. I quickly got the parts and replaced it, not a big job/deal at all. However, then a friend of mine with a 2012 took a look at his, hearing my story, and his was rusted almost all the way through as well. So, if you've got an older JK you may want to climb under it and take a look. Apparently rusty trans pans may be a "thing" on these.

damn, that sucks :-/ are there any aluminum replacements ? Im sure the factor that you have a steel pan on an aluminum transmission doesn't help the rust issues either.
    2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
    M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

I replaced it with a generic from (insert your local chain auto parts store here). I didn't see an aluminum option available but I didn't look very hard either. It seems they painted both inside and out on the original and the paint had bubbled up quite a bit inside. I'm guessing the pan took a few good shots while off roading. My particular model doesn't offer much of any clearance to one of the frame cross members, so any aftermarket solution can NOT be any higher volume than stock.

Comment

you running auto? i beleive you have the 42rle or the 45rfe if im not mistaken
        2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
        M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

Yep, auto. I believe its a 42rle. There were a few options, one pan had 13 bolts, another had 15 bolts and my friend's 2012 was 8 bolts (IIRC).

Comment

I’m surprised there isn’t a protected version of this plate To protect against the elements
            CDJW.org - Founder
            2016 Rubicon
            Awesome wife...

Comment

Working...
            X