Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I take my soft-top through the brushless car wash?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I take my soft-top through the brushless car wash?

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences relative to taking a JK Sport soft-top through a brushless car wash? As I recall, the manual says "no," but I have read online that some think it is OK and others don't. Reasons for not doing it include possible leaks and chemical or wax buildup on windows. Just wondering what CDJW members think or have experienced. Thanks!
    -Kathy

I've done it. It's loud and you'll have some doubts when you're in the thick of it, but I didn't have any problems. However, do so at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks, Tosh! I can't stand all the salt on it right now!

Comment

like Tosh said, just be careful... those dryers at the end are super harsh... and I've read somewhere that the soap doesn't get fully washed from the fabric and it could dry it out or something. not 100% on that one but it sounded good. lol. but salt is worse. salt is always worse.
        2013 Dune JKSU
        3.5" Lift
        Barricade Off-road w/ LED front bumper
        Smittybilt XRC w/ tire carrier rear bumper
        Smittybilt X20 10k/lb Synthetic Rope winch
        35x12.5x16 Kumho KL71 M/T's

Comment

Thank you, Droni! We will be taking it to a manual car wash before we put it away for the rest of the winter at the end of this month, so maybe I can hold out until then. Thinking of parking it outside in the rain on Friday just to get some of it rinsed off.

Comment

Working...
          X