Alignment shop- where to go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment shop- where to go?

My lift should be here today, but I won't be able to install it for a few weeks due to prior obligations. So where does everyone go to have a Newly lifted jeep aligned?? And another question, do you leave your factory wheels on for the alignment or put your larger wheel/tire package on for the alignment?? Thanks!
    15 Baja JKR

I have a 2.5" RK in mine and had the Mavis near me do the alignment. I didn't have any problems when they did it, the only question they asked was what the manufacturer of the lift recommended for the measurements. Thankfully the 2.5" is stock measurements. I believe the place i hear alot about is Watkins Spring Co. in Albany.
    I would recommend having the larger tires installed for the alignment.

Comment

So this is the story. for most alignment shops. (I am a service bay manager) For an alignment. put the tires you run daily on, have it aligned. a lot of shops can't do alignments on lifted rigs unless you give them the specs from the place you got your lift from. a 2.5" lift like Adam (aradlowski) mentioned would be ok but it won't be plum.

If you put your stock tires on for the alignment they will align the components to those tires, so when you swap back to your bigger tires it won't be aligned anymore. the geometry changes.

Jeep JK's don't have much to align to begin with. 1 adjustment maybe 2.

Personally - I have a 3" lift. and 35" tires. never aligned it. I watch my tread wear like a hawk. they wear more even than most vehicles that come through this shop that have had an alignment.

They key to tire wear - rotate them things. every oil change. rotate them. whether you do it or the shop you're having do your oil change have them do it.

if you still want to align them. if you live near ballston spa go to Bakers on Rowland street in ballston spa, tell them Andrew from Doheny sent you. they will hook you up.

They do a great job and are VERY reasonably priced. and honest as hell. they will explain to you in detail what little can actually be aligned on your Jeep. if you want details contact Chris there. he's the alignment guy.

Hope this helps some. any questions ask away!
      2001 TJ.
      Bedlined black
      Lifted 4.5". 35" mud claws.
      Locked. Let's wheel!

Comment

Originally posted by aradlowski View Post
        I have a 2.5" RK in mine and had the Mavis near me do the alignment. I didn't have any problems when they did it, the only question they asked was what the manufacturer of the lift recommended for the measurements. Thankfully the 2.5" is stock measurements. I believe the place i hear alot about is Watkins Spring Co. in Albany.
        I would recommend having the larger tires installed for the alignment.
        Thank you! I've heard a lot about Watkin spring, everyone used to bring their lowered cars there years ago for alignments. Good to hear that they are still in business.
        15 Baja JKR

Comment

Originally posted by Droni. View Post
          So this is the story. for most alignment shops. (I am a service bay manager) For an alignment. put the tires you run daily on, have it aligned. a lot of shops can't do alignments on lifted rigs unless you give them the specs from the place you got your lift from. a 2.5" lift like Adam (aradlowski) mentioned would be ok but it won't be plum.

If you put your stock tires on for the alignment they will align the components to those tires, so when you swap back to your bigger tires it won't be aligned anymore. the geometry changes.

Jeep JK's don't have much to align to begin with. 1 adjustment maybe 2.

Personally - I have a 3" lift. and 35" tires. never aligned it. I watch my tread wear like a hawk. they wear more even than most vehicles that come through this shop that have had an alignment.

They key to tire wear - rotate them things. every oil change. rotate them. whether you do it or the shop you're having do your oil change have them do it.

if you still want to align them. if you live near ballston spa go to Bakers on Rowland street in ballston spa, tell them Andrew from Doheny sent you. they will hook you up.

They do a great job and are VERY reasonably priced. and honest as hell. they will explain to you in detail what little can actually be aligned on your Jeep. if you want details contact Chris there. he's the alignment guy.

Hope this helps some. any questions ask away!
          Thanks brother! I guess I'll just get everything installed and see how she is. I'm good about staying on top of my tire rotations so that will help.
          15 Baja JKR

Comment

Thanks for the help fellas, everything is installed and the alignment seems perfect.
            15 Baja JKR

Comment

awesome

10 char
              CDJW.org - Founder
              2016 Rubicon
              Awesome wife...

Comment

Originally posted by d. gage View Post
                Thanks for the help fellas, everything is installed and the alignment seems perfect.
                Glad to hear, Donnie! can't wait to see it.
                2001 TJ.
                Bedlined black
                Lifted 4.5". 35" mud claws.
                Locked. Let's wheel!

Comment

Originally posted by Droni. View Post

Glad to hear, Donnie! can't wait to see it.
                  check out my Instagram, I put up a few pictures. CDJW needs an Instagram page...

15 Baja JKR

Comment

Working...
                  X