Gusset/sleeve D44?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gusset/sleeve D44?

So I'm running 315/75/16 (35's) on my Rubicon. I've been doing some reading around and gussets and sleeves are recommended on D30s if you plan on running 35" tires or larger. I was just wondering what people recommend here or if anyone has done it already on their Dana 44. And if so, can anyone recommend a good place to get them welded on. (no welding exp here)
    2016 JKR Metallic Grey
    Mopar 2" lift
    315/75/16 BFG KM2 on Mammoth 8
    JW Speaker 8700 Evo J headlights

You're running a Rubicon, so you've got a 44 up front... Someone else can confirm, but I don't know that you'd need it on a 44. If you had the Dana 30 up front I'd say go for it but the 44 is pretty tough. If you wanted to run 38+ then I'd start to toughen it up.

This is merely my limited opinion though. Don't necessarily take my word for it...

Comment

Tosh is correct, if you have a Rubicon you should have a 44 front axle. Should not need C gussets or sleeves to run 35" tires. I don't know anyone in the club who has done it. And there is a lot of members running 35" tires, even with a Dana 30 front axle.
      In my opion if it's a daily driver, even if you do a little easy wheeling a 30 will Hold up. If your really into hardcore wheeling even a 44 can be damaged. I think a lot of people think just because they upgrade to a 44 it's unbreakable. Not true. Use your head and easy on the skinny pedal and you should be fine.
      CDJW.org Board Member.
      Safety Officer.
      Original.

Comment

I am pretty easy on the skinny pedal and I don't plan on hardcore wheeling...yet. but when I do I will probably go that route. Thanks for the input.
        2016 JKR Metallic Grey
        Mopar 2" lift
        315/75/16 BFG KM2 on Mammoth 8
        JW Speaker 8700 Evo J headlights

Comment

Working...
        X