This is hard..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is hard..

Sometimes the line between being financially responsible and an enthusiast is hard.. I am a guy who likes "new things" and likes to have the latest and greatest. This, when your into cars.. Can get expensive quick! I would love to own a Jeep JKU with a Diesel so this makes the JL look appealing to me - but I have two relatively new rules.

1. Be financially responsible
    2. DONT EVER BUY THE FIRST MODEL YEAR ANYTHING EVER... Ever...

I broke rule number 2 a few times in the jeep world. I had an 07 JKU, I had a 2012 JKU.. And I wont do it again. I know mopar does a lot to test their releases before they sell them to the public, but there is no better testing ground then the people who buy the first year. SO - even if I was in the market for a new ride (I am not) the earliest would be a 2019 model so that I dont brake rule number 2 again. Thoughts? Have you purchased a first year model before?

I have purchased a first year model before.. (ie, 2007, 2012, etc)
    25.00%
    I never have and never will purchase a first year model
    37.50%
    Meh... If the price is right.
    12.50%
    Jay Anderson is the man.
    25.00%
    CDJW.org - Founder
    2016 Rubicon
    Awesome wife...

The option I would select isn't here so I went with the obvious. My selection is - Eventually I would get a new year model car. but it wouldn't be a Jeep Wrangler. It'd probably be the latest and greatest sports car of the year. *cough* Dodge Demon if it turns out to be worth it. or the next one.

And yes, the Wrangler stays in my possession. won't ever not have one
    2013 Dune JKSU
    3.5" Lift
    Barricade Off-road w/ LED front bumper
    Smittybilt XRC w/ tire carrier rear bumper
    Smittybilt X20 10k/lb Synthetic Rope winch
    35x12.5x16 Kumho KL71 M/T's

Comment

hahaha - your too funny man lol, how you been?
      CDJW.org - Founder
      2016 Rubicon
      Awesome wife...

Comment

Very well my friend. Got the plan sheets out for this wheeling season. some useful things this time. not like speakers or silly things. lol.. what about you? how's the life of being a dad?
        2013 Dune JKSU
        3.5" Lift
        Barricade Off-road w/ LED front bumper
        Smittybilt XRC w/ tire carrier rear bumper
        Smittybilt X20 10k/lb Synthetic Rope winch
        35x12.5x16 Kumho KL71 M/T's

Comment

I tried to pick options 2 and 4 at the same time, but I wasn't able to. In the poll, can you just pick 1, 2, or 3 and have 4 filled in automatically ? Because you know that everyone wants to pick 4 by default.
          2015 JKU HR Tank - RK 2.5 X-Factor, Bilsteins, AEV Saltas, 35X12.5R17 KM2's, Qtec 11,500IS winch, Teraflex Hinge & Tire Carrier, DV8 flat fenders, PS Diff Covers, HD Cross Member, Smitty skids.....Her name is Bailey

Comment

Just to throw something else into the mix....If you purchase a first year model, how long do you think you will have to wait to mod it? JK/JKU aftermarket parts are plentiful. Would you be happy driving a stock JL for a year, maybe two, until the aftermarket catches up?
            2015 JKU HR Tank - RK 2.5 X-Factor, Bilsteins, AEV Saltas, 35X12.5R17 KM2's, Qtec 11,500IS winch, Teraflex Hinge & Tire Carrier, DV8 flat fenders, PS Diff Covers, HD Cross Member, Smitty skids.....Her name is Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by cbunting
              Just to throw something else into the mix....If you purchase a first year model, how long do you think you will have to wait to mod it? JK/JKU aftermarket parts are plentiful. Would you be happy driving a stock JL for a year, maybe two, until the aftermarket catches up?
              At least a year or two. Look at the TJ and YJ; there are still new products on vehicles that haven't been made in 22 / 11 years. The only hope that aftermarket parts will be available quickly is if Jeep shares design specs on official announcement of the model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
              M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

Working...
              X