Tire question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire question

Think I can run 35 Tires on 99 TJ with a 2.5 lift and stock fenders? Temp for a month or so until I upgrade to 3.5 lift
    The Sand Man

Originally posted by birdsung View Post
    Think I can run 35 Tires on 99 TJ with a 2.5 lift and stock fenders? Temp for a month or so until I upgrade to 3.5 lift
    Wouldn't do it, I have a 3.5 long arm and I wouldn't even try 35s. You will have 0 travel.
    You need flat fenders and a 3.5 to get 35s on there.

Plus what axles are you running? Specifically the rear
    2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires
    M101 CDN2 Trailer on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

More mods than can fit in a signature ;-)

My Build Thread

Comment

What about 33? Going to end up with rock krawler 3,5short arm flex soon
      The Sand Man

Comment

Well I'm running 33s now and have about 3 inches of travel between my bump stops on the front. They should fit with a 2.5 but be careful.

Also why short arm?
        2003 TJ X - Light Metallic Khaki and Black "Blackout Special" on 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Tires

My Build Thread

Comment

Not sure why short arm. Budget reasons maybe? Really not looking to climb rocks yet
          The Sand Man

Comment

Not well educated in lifts. Guys at rock krawler told me to go withvthat package. I originally was going forbthe basic 3.5 lift. Jes the one who said get 35 tires
            The Sand Man

Comment

This is the tire size chart, i guess the length of the arm wont matter but the angle at which your tire moves will.

The reason that 90% of people choose long arm is because it keeps the tire more centered through its range of heights.
              You may want to look more into it before purchasing a short arm kit.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mamefreak; 04-07-2015, 12:59 PM.

My Build Thread

Comment

My son runs 33" on his 06 TJ. But they're only 10.50's he uses 2" Budget Boost. Jeep sits just right, looks good and works good.image.jpg
                CDJW.org Board Member.
                Safety Officer.
                Original.

Comment

what axle's do you have?

35's on a D35 rear is a ticking time bomb. they might last a while, but then, they might last a week. Especially if it's locked, and you're throttle heavy.

The D30 on the front "might" be ok, depending on how you wheel it. But they're not exactly strong.
                  2006 TJRU

Comment

Originally posted by link81 View Post
                    what axle's do you have?

35's on a D35 rear is a ticking time bomb. they might last a while, but then, they might last a week. Especially if it's locked, and you're throttle heavy.

The D30 on the front "might" be ok, depending on how you wheel it. But they're not exactly strong.
                    35s on a D35 is a 100% no go! It could explode just driving down the road. Just look on youtube.

I didnt want to run my heavy 33s on a D35 which is why i swapped it for a LSD D44.
                    The 30 will handle it if you sleeve and truss it, and maybe some C gussets.

now i wont try and scare you away from 33s on the D35 if you run reasonable width ones.
                    Im running 98lb 33x12.5 Wrangler MT/R Kevlar tires and they prob weigh the same as 35s
                    Run something in the 9.5 width and you should be ok

My Build Thread

Comment

^^
                      what he said, i was just being a little more optimistic :-)
                      2006 TJRU

Comment

Working...
                      X