failed inspection today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failed inspection today!

took my jeep to the garage to get inspected today it failed because of three readiness monitors 1)monitor catalyst 2)monitor evap 3)monitor 02...never had this issue before always passed inspection i have not changed battery nor has it gone dead does anybody have any suggestions on what the problem could be this has even puzzle the mechanic...

Well first thing is, are they not set or are they failed? if they are not set, depending on your jeep if it's high tech or not, if not - disconnect your battery for a few minutes, connect it back up then drive it for a few days, the monitors will set and bingo, I see this very often at work... if they are failed, ask the technician that helped you for an explanation. any stored codes etc

Edit: they don't only unset whether or not your power was cut out either, they unset if you had any codes cleared recently, too. so if you had someone or yourself "Clear codes" this could be it as well, if this is the case don't worry about disconnecting power, just drive it a few days, they will set.
    Last edited by Droni.; 05-19-2015, 04:23 PM.
    2001 TJ.
    Bedlined black
    Lifted 4.5". 35" mud claws.
    Locked. Let's wheel!

Comment

they didn't fail they were not ready. i have had no codes since last inspection i have not disconnected battery since last inspection in fact i haven't done anything to it in the last year in other words all i did is dive it for a year and that is all do not know why it would not be ready to inspection?

Comment

there must be stored codes in there or something... whoever your technician was SHOULD have explained to you what was going on... if he or the service writer didn't explain to you then you need a new shop.. I'm a service writer so I know all about that aspect of it. If I were you, I'd call the shop, ask the tech if he has no answer bring your rig there and have him tell you what's going on.. that seems peculiar to me
        2001 TJ.
        Bedlined black
        Lifted 4.5". 35" mud claws.
        Locked. Let's wheel!

Comment

well that's the problem my wife is the service writer and the tech ive know for 20 years and never had any problems..data fix said to erase computers stored memory which we did there were no stored codes in the system but we wiped it anyway got the o2 monitor to reset that came in today now i just need either evap or catalyst monitor to reset then i can get it inspected

Comment

Working...
          X